Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

A year ago today...

It's crazy to think how much my life has changed in the past year. If you would have asked me a year ago what my life would look like today, I probably would have told you I was preparing to raise support to go on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ. At the time I was preparing to go on Summer Project to Sweden, which turned out to be the best summer of my life. Last summer, I did realize that I wasn't being led to become a full time missionary, instead the Lord was leading me to the classroom and oh how I hated it. I didn't want to teach. I regretted going into Secondary Math Ed. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life in front of the classroom. The Lord laughed at me, seriously. Right now I'm doing my student teaching at Knightdale High School and although it can be crazy and hectic at times, I'm really enjoying it. I love being in the classroom. I love teaching kids. I love the moment that they "get it". I had a moment like that today when four of my students said OH!!! I get it now! It's the best feeling in the world. I love that my kids test averages were the highest compared to other Algebra I classes. I by no means think that I'm a better teacher than the others, but it does make me feel like I'm doing something right.

But I think one of the biggest changes happened March 26, 2009 when I met Alex. We were haning out at the Table, celebrating my friend Mark's birthday. The girls had made Mark a poster board with pictures and signed it. As we were watching Mark read the board, John McNeil came up and said "Hey guys, this is my buddy Alex". I shook his hands and took notice of his beautiful blue eyes and country accent. There was a lot of people at the Table that night so I didn't talk to him anymore, but once things died down and some people started to leave, I took to a couch and laid down, but not for long. Alex walked up and said "No ma'am, move your feet" and he had a seat. Why I didn't shrug him off as rude I'm not sure but we began to talk. By time I got home that night I had a friend request from Alex. The following Tuesday, we went for a walk at Lake Johnson and it was down hill from there (or so they say).

The past year has been a roller coaster. There has definitely been ups and downs, but I'm excited about the future. A year ago today I had no idea I would be writing this blog, graduating, getting married, and moving to Lexington to spend the rest of my life as Mrs. Greer. I'm looking forward to the next year and seeing where the Lord leads me.

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun. I can't wait for you to spend your life as Mrs. Greer! I love how God uses everything in our life for the roller coaster adventure that He has planned out for us. This is so happy and inspiring :)

    Also, who is your Cooperating Teacher at Knightdale? I graduated from East Wake and Knightdale is a branch off of East Wake and it would be too small of a world if I knew him or her.

    love you deary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Mouzzon. I don't think she was at East Wake before she went to Knightdale, but she is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i don't think that i know that name, but im glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete