Before school started, I was visiting in Lexington with Alex and his family when my mom told me our house at the river had been hit by what they believe was a tornado while they were at dinner one night. They came home and the house was flooded and part of the roof was missing. It's been a blessing that we haven't yet sold our other house so we have somewhere to stay until we can build a new house at the river.
The House after the Storm
I also got the privilege to visit with my project roommate Emily and hear her speak at her church Fika about Sweden. It's always great to see Project friends and tell others how the Lord is moving in Sweden.
Emily & I at her Church Fika.
Since I've been in Raleigh I've been pretty busy with school, Bible Study, Crusade, and seeing Alex when I get the chance. School is definitely no fun and very busy. I'm taking 17 hours and a couple of my classes require site visits and community service hours outside of the class so it really amounts to about 20 hours each week. Bible Study is going extremely well. LD and I decided to go through the book of James this semester with the girls and so far it has been very rewarding. I'm also trying out D-Groups this year. Providence is inductively going through the Bible in a year. I've only been once and it was intense, but I know it's going to be rewarding as well.
After a very disappointing football game last Thursday against SCU, I headed to Lexington to spend the weekend with Alex and his family for Labor Day. Friday Alex & I went to an outfitters store, God's Country, and looked at kayaks. Alex got a great deal on a kayak and I got a fabulous deal on a pair of Keens and pair of Chacos! I was very excited about my purchase. Later that night we went with his friends James and Lindsey to the Comedy Zone in Winston (I think) to hear some Comedians. It was a lot of fun.
Alex and I in Lexington.
Sunday we went to church and then to a cook out with his dad's side of the family. His family is so friendly and I enjoyed getting to meet them. We got to shag a little bit after coercing from his mom and dad to show his family our moves.
Alex & his new Kayak.
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Crusade is having our annual fall retreat at Camp Dixie and this year JD Greear is speaking. I'm excited about him delivering the Word and being rejuvenated for the upcoming year.
This is the Rocking Horse that stopped to rest in front of out house the first week of school.

No comments:
Post a Comment