Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wedding World

This past weekend I had the great privilege of being in my coleader's wedding. Lauren Deans and Zach Williams were married in front of family and friends Saturday, February 20, 2010. It was so amazing to be a part of their special day. I've enjoyed seeing their relationship from the beginning on. I was there when they went to the SAO semi-formal and I was there when they went on their first date. Their relationship has been such an amazing picture of a Godly relationship. I am so excited for their future together.

It was great seeing a wedding from the engagement through the reception. I've been able to hear a lot about planning a wedding and all that goes into it. But I never truly understood everything that goes into planning a wedding till I began planning ours. There are so many decisions to make.


So here's my list from Last week:
1. PICK COLORS!!! DONE
2. Book DJ. Maybe by tonight?
3. Decide on Bridesmaid dresses. DONE
4. PICK COLORS!!! DONE (Blue and Yellow :D)
5. Rent Tent, Tables, Chairs
6. Order Invitations
7. Reserve hotel rooms
8. Register
9. Decide on Groomsmen attire. DONE. Bought them Saturday!
10. Decide on a time for the ceremony. DONE 6 pm
11. Finalize Honeymoon Plans :D Alex is doing this.
12. Decide on flowers I want to use. Meeting with florists on Saturday. Leaning towards Cala Lillies and Hydrangeas
13. Pick out centerpieces.
14. Begin working on Ceremony Program
and the list goes on and on...any advice?


There is still a ton more to do, but plans are coming along smoothly for the most part. We have been very fortunate during the planning process.

Right now my goals are to hopefully book a DJ, finalize bridesmaids dresses, decide on rentals, and begin working on setting dates for showers, parties, etc.

Oh and did I mention I started full time student teaching today. I'm very excited about this opportunity and experience. Both my university supervisor and my cooperating teacher are believers, which just makes everything that more greater. I know the Lord is definitely going to use me during this experience.

1 comment: