Daisypath Wedding tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stonehenge

So I am supposed to be writing my 8-10 page paper on Stonehenge right now, which I am, but I am taking a break to blog about it for a quick minute. So I'm using this book "The Magnificent Numbers of the Great Pyramid and Stonhenge" by Gaunt for my research, since it discusses mathematical concepts and how they relate to Stonehenge and The Great Pyramid. What is really cool about this book is how Gaunt also related Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid to the Bible. It's cool to see God in the creation of Stonehenge and the Great Pyramid in so many different ways. They are both great creations and astronomical in the way they are formed, but to read about how the math behind Stonehenge relates to God's word is awesome. Anyway, I found this quote and I liked it:

"Yes, Stonhenge is many things -- a standard for linear units of measure, a prophetic time device, an astronomical observatatory, a computer for the predicting of eclipses. But most of all, it is evidence for the existence of an intelligent Creator -- a Creator who planned (and carried out that plan) for the ultimate good of his hman family, through the reddeming work of Jesus Christ." Gaunt, 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment